Welcome to Boca Pain Relief & Wellness Center!
As leading chiropractors in Boca Raton, the health professionals at BocaPain Relief & Wellness Center are dedicated to helping you achieve your wellness objectives -- combining skill and expertise that spans the entire chiropractic wellness spectrum. Dr. Alan Brustein are committed to bringing you better health and a better way of life by teaching and practicing the true principles of chiropractic wellness care.
Patients seeking treatment at BocaPain Relief & Wellness Center are assured of receiving only the finest quality care through the use of modern chiropractic equipment and technology. Our skilled team of doctors and the staff have a genuine concern for your well-being!
If you are new to our website, please feel free to discover and learn about chiropractic wellness. If you are interested in starting your journey towards wellness please subscribe to our award winning newsletter. If you are already a newsletter subscriber, please explore the member wellness section of our website for wellness articles, resources, and health facts.
Become Friends with the Doc's on Facebook for health and wellness updates!
The most popular reason that people come across our website is due to back and/or neck pain. At Boca Pain Relief and
At the Boca Pain Relief and Wellness Center we are committed to not only alleviate the back pain your are experiencing but most importantly to teach you how to prevent these pains from coming back. We provide a tier system of beginner, intermediate and advanced core stabilization exercises. Every one of our patients is educated on how to "engage their core." To optimize compliance with the rehabilitation program, I offer a Saturday class to our patients that explain the different back exercises that will intensify the lower back treatments you receive in our office.
Please call today to reserve your spot at the next upcoming class. No Fee, Just Benefits. You do not need to be an existing patient to take advantage of this offer.
It's your Future!! Be there Healthy!!
Now a note from the American Chiropractic Association:
Chiropractic Care for Back Injuries
Back injuries are a part of everyday life. They can cause a sharp pain or a dull ache and can be accompanied by a tingling, numbness, or burning sensation. You may also feel weakness, pain, or tingling in your pelvis and upper leg-a condition known as sciatica. The spine is quite good at dealing with back injuries. Minor injuries usually heal within a day or two. Some pain, however, continues. What makes it last longer is not entirely understood, but researchers suspect that stress, mood changes, and the fear of further injury may prevent patients from being active and exacerbate the pain.
Tips for Back Pain Prevention:
- Maintain a healthy diet and weight.
- Remain active-under the supervision of your doctor of chiropractic.
- Avoid prolonged inactivity or bed rest.
- Warm up or stretch before exercising or other physical activities, such as gardening.
- Maintain proper posture.
- Wear comfortable, low-heeled shoes.
- Sleep on a mattress of medium firmness to minimize any curve in your spine.
- Lift with your knees, keep the object close to your body, and do not twist when lifting.
- Quit smoking. Smoking impairs blood flow, resulting in oxygen and nutrient deprivation to spinal tissues.
- Work with your doctor of chiropractic to ensure that your workstation is ergonomically correct.
Chiropractic Treatment for Back Pain
If you experience back pain, consult your doctor of chiropractic. More than 30 million Americans sought chiropractic care last year alone. Past studies have indicated that consumers are very happy with the chiropractic care they receive.
With a thorough knowledge of the structure and functioning of the human body, doctors of chiropractic make diagnoses and take steps to correct problems using spinal adjustments, dietary and lifestyle advice, and other natural tools. Spinal manipulation-the primary form of treatment performed by doctors of chiropractic-is a recommended option for back pain treatment, rated as such by many state and workers' compensation guidelines.
Research has shown that manipulative therapy and spinal manipulation are not only safe and effective, but can cut costs and get workers back on the job faster than other treatments. A recent medical study has also pointed out that manual manipulation offers better short-term relief of chronic back pain than medication.(2)
When choosing a doctor of chiropractic:
- Be sure the chiropractor has attended an accredited chiropractic college.
- Make sure the chiropractor is licensed to practice in your state. After graduating from an accredited chiropractic college, doctors of chiropractic must pass rigorous state and national board exams before they can practice.
- Talk to your friends, family, and co-workers. The best referrals often come from satisfied patients.
- Talk to the doctor. The chiropractor should be willing to answer your questions and should talk freely with you about your concerns and course of treatment.
1. Vallfors B. Acute, subacute and chronic low back pain: Clinical symptoms, absenteeism and working environment. Scan J Rehab Med Suppl 1985;11:1-98.
2. Giles L, Muller R. Chronic spinal pain: A randomized clinical trial comparing medication, acupuncture, and spinal manipulation. Spine 2003 July 15;28(14):1490-1502.