Welcome to Boca Pain Relief & Wellness Center!
As leading chiropractors in Boca Raton, the health professionals at Boca Pain Relief & Wellness Center are dedicated to helping you achieve your wellness objectives -- combining skill and expertise that spans the chiropractic wellness spectrum. Our Staff is committed to bringing you better health and a better way of life by teaching and practicing the true principles of chiropractic wellness care.
Patients seeking treatment at Boca Pain Relief & Wellness Center are assured of receiving only the finest quality care through the use of modern chiropractic equipment and technology. Our skilled team of doctors and the staff have a genuine concern for your well-being!
If you are new to our website, please feel free to discover and learn about chiropractic wellness. If you are interested in starting your journey towards wellness please subscribe to our award winning newsletter. If you are already a newsletter subscriber, please explore the member wellness section of our website for wellness articles, resources, and health facts.
Become Friends with the Doc's on Facebook for health and wellness updates!
The most popular reason that people come across our website is due to back and/or neck pain. At Boca Pain Relief and Wellness Center we can help alleviate lower back pain, stress induced-muscle pain, neck pain, muscle spasms, mid-back pain and so much more. However, we also strive to educate our patients on the importance of core stabilization exercises. Core stabilization exercises have been proven through extensive research to strengthen the spine and allow the proper amount of motion within the joints. Excessive motion or restricted motion of the spine and extremities can cause muscle and joint pain that comes and goes, getting better than causing an exacerbation or "flare up's." We commonly tell our patients, "Getting rid of your pain is usually the easy part of the job, but the more challenging part is strengthening your spine so that you never have to feel that pain again." This approach puts healthcare into the patient's hands. Our best results with patients with lower back pain, neck pain & stiffness and sciatica are the patients who follow the course of treatment and are compliant with the rehabilitation exercises that are prescribed to them.
At the Boca Pain Relief and Wellness Center we are committed to not only alleviate the back pain your are experiencing but most importantly to teach you how to prevent these pains from coming back. We provide a tier system of beginner, intermediate and advanced core stabilization exercises. We like to educate our patients on how to "engage their core."
It's your Future!! Be there Healthy!!
Now a note from the American Chiropractic Association:
Chiropractic Care for Back Injuries
Walking upright on two feet has advantages, but it also puts intense pressure on the spine, as well as on other muscles and bones. Add to this improper sleep positions, sitting, lifting, or reaching-and the normal wear and tear of working and playing-and you have the perfect recipe for back pain. That's why back pain is the 2nd most common reason for visits to the doctor's office, outnumbered only by upper-respiratory infections. In fact, some experts say, as many as 80% of us will experience a back problem at some time in our lives.(1)
Back injuries are a part of everyday life. They can cause a sharp pain or a dull ache and can be accompanied by a tingling, numbness, or burning sensation. You may also feel weakness, pain, or tingling in your pelvis and upper leg-a condition known as sciatica. The spine is quite good at dealing with back injuries. Minor injuries usually heal within a day or two. Some pain, however, continues. What makes it last longer is not entirely understood, but researchers suspect that stress, mood changes, and the fear of further injury may prevent patients from being active and exacerbate the pain.
Tips for Back Pain Prevention:
- Maintain a healthy diet and weight.
- Remain active-under the supervision of your doctor of chiropractic.
- Avoid prolonged inactivity or bed rest.
- Warm up or stretch before exercising or other physical activities, such as gardening.
- Maintain proper posture.
- Wear comfortable, low-heeled shoes.
- Sleep on a mattress of medium firmness to minimize any curve in your spine.
- Lift with your knees, keep the object close to your body, and do not twist when lifting.
- Quit smoking. Smoking impairs blood flow, resulting in oxygen and nutrient deprivation to spinal tissues.
- Work with your doctor of chiropractic to ensure that your workstation is ergonomically correct.
- Sleep on your Back or Side with a good supportive pillow and mattress.
Chiropractic Treatment for Back Pain
If you experience back pain, consult your doctor of chiropractic. More than 30 million Americans sought chiropractic care last year alone. Past studies have indicated that consumers are very happy with the chiropractic care they receive.
With a thorough knowledge of the structure and functioning of the human body, doctors of chiropractic make diagnoses and take steps to correct problems using spinal adjustments, dietary and lifestyle advice, and other natural tools. Spinal manipulation-the primary form of treatment performed by doctors of chiropractic-is a recommended option for back pain treatment, rated as such by many state and workers' compensation guidelines.
Research has shown that manipulative therapy and spinal manipulation are not only safe and effective, but can cut costs and get workers back on the job faster than other treatments. A recent study has also pointed out that manual manipulation offers better short-term relief of chronic back pain than medication.(2)
When choosing a doctor of chiropractic:
- Be sure the chiropractor has attended an accredited chiropractic college.
- Make sure the chiropractor is licensed to practice in your state. After graduating from an accredited chiropractic college, doctors of chiropractic must pass rigorous state and national board exams before they can practice.
- Talk to your friends, family, and co-workers. The best referrals often come from satisfied patients.
- Talk to the doctor. The chiropractor should be willing to answer your questions and should talk freely with you about your concerns and course of treatment.
1. Vallfors B. Acute, subacute and chronic low back pain: Clinical symptoms, absenteeism and working environment. Scan J Rehab Med Suppl 1985;11:1-98.
2. Giles L, Muller R. Chronic spinal pain: A randomized clinical trial comparing medication, acupuncture, and spinal manipulation. Spine 2003 July 15;28(14):1490-1502.
This year due to the tremendous care I received at the Boca Pain Relief & Wellness Center, I was able to compete and win the Northwest Airlines A Doubles Men's Championship.
I am in my 60's and have a sore shoulder, a bone spur in my back that brings on sciatic pain, lower back pain, a neck that stiffens up and one knee that seems to stay sore all the time.
With Doctors help the month before the tournament, I got the "Daily Double", the "Trifecta" as the Doctor likes to call them, electric stimulation and ultra-sound treatments along with great chiropractic care . With their help I was in great health to play four straight days of tennis and only lost 10 games in the matches we played. I could not have done this without the treatment and care I received from The boca Pain Relief & Wellness Center.
Thanks so much for allowing me to perform at my best, due to the treatments I received at your office.
- Rick T-